This policy supports our aims that whatever personal data we collect via whatever format, we comply at all times with relevant Data Protection Legislation. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at Pronto Car Cosmetix, Hawthorn Road, Eastbourne East Sussex BN23 6QA or via email to email@example.com
We obtain personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data directly provided by you- this could be information you supply during a telephone call or via an application for services or products. It could be in written, digital or verbal format.
- Personal data provided by you to a third party- this could be an insurance, service provider or public authority that you have provided data to.
- Personal data gathered via online technology- this will generally be via use of our website or social media channels.
How we use your data
Pronto Car Cosmetix uses your personal data:
– To provide goods and services to you;
– To make a tailored website available to you;
– To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– To verify your identity;
– For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– With your agreement, to contact you about promotional offers and products which we think may interest you;
– For market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– To enable Pronto Car Cosmetix to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How we store and protect your data
We take all reasonable steps to protect and store your personal data:
- All employees are trained on the importance of protecting personal data and this is regularly promoted via team meetings and our in-house newsletter.
- Digital data is held on secure servers and access is via individual passwords. Access levels are restricted by location and job role to ensure that only relevant data can be accessed by each employee.
- Paper records are kept to a minimum and whilst not in use, are stored in locked facilities.
- Printers are operated via an individual PIN access
- Firewalls and anti-virus protection are on live updates to ensure we are always using the most relevant option available
- All company devices require two stage login access and can be remotely tracked.
In order to make our services available to you we may be required to share your personal data with selected service partners. These may include:
- Warranty providers
- Finance providers if you have arranged partial or full funding through a third party
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– To comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
Aside from our service providers, public authority or legal entities we will not disclose your personal data without your express authority to do so. Pronto Car Cosmetix will never sell or rent customer data to other organisations.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years if there is a legal or audit requirement. Enquiry data that does not lead to the sale of a product and for which further contact is not relevant, will usually be destroyed after 60 days.
There may be times when there is a legitimate interest to contact you without direct consent.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or from sharing your details with partner businesses. If you consent (or have consented) to receive marketing you may opt out at any later date.
You can update your permissions at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to The Data Protection Officer,Pronto Car Cosmetix, Hawthorn Road, Eastbourne East Sussex BN23 6QA
Our Marketing database
All personal data that is utilised for marketing purposes is held securely as outlined elsewhere in this policy. We will seek your consent as follows:
- WHAT marketing contact you are happy to receive such as customer newsletters, invitations to events, customer offers
- HOW you want to receive this contact such as telephone call, SMS message, email, letter etc.
You can change this consent at any time as outlined in the Permissions section of this policy
Legal rights concerning your personal data
Under the terms of subject access, you have the rights to know what personal data we hold about you. You can obtain this information by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Pronto Car Cosmetix, Hawthorn Road, Eastbourne East Sussex BN23 6QA. We will then endeavour to provide you with this information as soon as we can, ideally within 7 days although there may be occasions when system access delays this process.
You can find out more about data privacy: http://www.ico.org.uk/